Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Computers & Software
WNC Library Computers
- PC & Macintosh computers with Web access
- Wireless access for laptops
- Flash (jump) drives available for purchase
- Computer work station with the Jaws screen reading program for students with visual disabilities
Software on Library Computers
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite software on PC/Macs (Carson)
- Autocad (PC only)
- Misc. software standard on PCs/Macs
Here is a complete list of computer programs available on the library's public computers.
Other WNC Computer Labs
The college computer labs have trained technicians to help students learn class-related software.
Photocopies, Computer Printouts, Scanning
Computer Printouts - 5¢ per page
Color printouts - 20¢ per page (Carson Campus)
Photocopies - 5¢ per page, black & white only
Scanning - free
Computer Lab Mediated Instruction Room 201
The Carson City Campus Library has a computer lab that is available for use by college personnel for workshops and training. It seats 32 people and is equipped with 16 PCs, a data (computer) projector, a video/dvd player, and Lanschool - a classroom management software program. The librarians conduct lectures and hands on research training in this room. Contact the library reference desk at 445-3227 to schedule the room.
Computer Workshops & Classes
The Carson City Public Library offers in-person beginner and advanced computer workshops. Here is their class schedule.
Tutorials - Computer Software Programs